Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Revelation in Paradise Part 2

Word Count: 506
Total: 2233

"I don't believe in God?" Skip seemed calm now, like he was having a simple chat with a friend over a cup of latte.

"I know you don't, I created you. I'm the one who made you not believe in me. But when you live in a world that only exists in the mind of a writer, it doesn't really matter if you believe or not, now does it Skip?" The Antonio Banderas look-alike lit another cigarette.

"If you really are God, then what do you want from me?" Skip asked.

"Well Skip that's a good question. I'm glad I gave you a temporary intellect." He took another drag. "I'm just looking for a good time Skip, and you're the one who's going to give it to me."

"How can I entertain God?"

"With your misery Skip. You will entertain me with your misery, and your suffering, and your vain struggle to survive the Hell I'm about to put you through. See I'm about to tear your world all to shit, like a spoiled child breaking his toys. But if I just killed you with a stroke of lightning or a random act of violence, what fun would that be? No, I'm going to give you an adventure before I end your life. How does that sound Skip?"

"Sounds like bullshit."

"Yes, I supposed it does. But you'll find out soon enough that this is no dream. This is as real as you are, which is to say not at all, yet it is as real as you will ever know. And you want to know the best part? I'm going to give you some company."

The man clapped his hands twice in the air and a small door opened. The bright white light shining through showed the silhouette of a small creature. It walked upright towards Skip and revealed itself as a furry brown humanoid, with a tail and small read horns. Its fingers were much longer than a normal person's, with 6 joints in each one.

The creature looked at Skip with disinterest, and the man said, "Meet Imp. He's going to be your guide through the rest of your life. I have endowed him with all of my knowledge, and powers beyond your comprehension. You can ask him for help, and trust me you will need his help. Whether or not he gives it to you remains to be seen. I suppose it will depend on his mood."

Skip looked the man straight in the face and said, "So let me get this straight. You are going to send me back into my world with a furry little midget, and then destroy everything I know, just for your amusement."

"Maybe you're not as dumb as I thought Skip." The man said. "And don't forget, you have to be to work at 8:00am tomorrow. Just because the world is ending doesn't mean you can call in sick."

The man clapped his hands in the air 2 more times, and everything disappeared back into darkness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home